Do you have a great science or technology startup or an idea? GIST wants to hear about it! Enter the 2014 GIST Tech-I Competition! This is an opportunity for aspiring innovators pitch their ideas online, and the global voting public and experts choose thirty contestants to receive an all-expense paid trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit to showcase their ventures and receive intensive training.
The Tech-I Competition is designed to encourage and support technology and science entrepreneurs to launch and/or grow a company through training and mentorship with successful entrepreneurs, scientists, angel investors, and venture capitalists; networking opportunities; and access to capital.Prizes total $70,000 and include up to 3 months of mentorship and an all-expense paid trip to Morocco, to compete at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit. Submit your executive summary and 90 second video TODAY!
- Up to $70,000 in grant funding will be awarded, with individual awards up to a maximum of $15,000.
- Tech-I winners will include;
- Top 3 Startups,Open
- Top 3 Idea Stage entries,
- Best Female Entrepreneur,
- Most Potential for Social Impact,
- Honorable Mentions.
- Thirty finalists, selected based on merit and public voting figures, will be invited to the 2014 Tech-I Finals at the 2014 GES in Morocco.
- Immediately prior to the GES, all finalists will receive two days of training in Morocco with AAAS, the Department of State, and a team of trainers and mentors.
- You must be a citizen of a GIST eligible country;
- You must be between the ages of 18-40 years old ;
- Your application must be written in English;
- Your promotional video must be in English or have English subtitles provided.
- An Executive Summary – The Executive Summary narrative must be completed online, not to exceed 750 words, and written in English. It should include the information outlined in the Program Announcement which includes significance, scientific and technical merit, and commercial potential. Further details can be found here; and
- A 90 Second Promotional Video – Each application must include a 90 second promotional video, which should highlight the value and purpose of the product or service to customers. The video must be presented by the applicant in English or include English subtitles. The video should focus on the concept, product, or service being promoted and its potential market value.
- Additionally, videos should be both engaging and creative.
- Applicants can apply online after signing-up.
For more information, click HERE
Deadline: July 21, 2014
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
Leave A Comment