The Honourable Minister of Education, Nigeria through the Federal Scholarship Board invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2014/2015 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for: i) Undergraduate(UG) studies tenable in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia and ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, e.t.c
Fields of Study
- a. Undergraduate level – Medicine, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2012 or 2013). Age limit is 22 years.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
NOTE: (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective zones of origin. Two sets of
completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two authenticated photocopies of educational certificates and testimonial
- Only one certificate will be accepted ie WAECO or NECO ( May/June) only
- Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
- Two copies of Birth certificate.
- State of origin certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- Eight (8) passport sized coloured photographs on white background
- Data page of current International Passport. and
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies
- Original documents should be presented at the interview venues for sighting.
Interview Dates: March 24-28, 2014
For more information, click here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”