As everything that is good has its bad side, Artificial Intelligence has its disadvantages. However we need to take care of it and ensure that the benefits are used to make lives better. Let\\\’s examine some of the risks.
- High Costs: The costs of producing AI machines is high, Apart from the cost of production, maintenance and repair costs are also high. AI powered machines have software programs which need frequent upgradation to cater to the needs of the changing environment and the need for the machines to be smarter by the day. Creating a machine that can dummy human logic and reasoning needs plenty of resources and time, making it costly from other types of machines.
- Unemployment: This is the biggest risk of AI. Since AI is replacing most of our repetitive tasks, human interference has reduced which will lead to problems in employment standards. The usage of AI-enabled machines which provides error-free and risk-free work is reducing the need for human interference. Machines bring with them the speed and accuracy, which kills many job opportunities and employment options which were once present. If in the future, human beings don’t add to their skills, then in no time, they will be replaced with machines.
- Emotionless: Machines are emotionless and cannot develop a bond with colleagues they are working with because they do not possess feelings or compassion. They perform what is programmed and cannot make the judgment of right or wrong. Machines are unable to make decisions if they encounter a situation unfamiliar to them. They either perform incorrectly or breakdown in such situations.
- No Creativity: Machines are not inventive. They can only perform tasks that they are designed to perform, anything outside it. They will crash or give outputs that will lead to a significant backdrop. Unlike humans, AI cannot be improved with experience. With time, it can lead to wear and tear. It stores a lot of data but the way it can be accessed and used is very different from human intelligence.
- Laziness: Artificial Intelligence can automate a lot of our tasks, human beings will get lazy to do their tasks and this could cause a greater problem in future.