(By Vivian Wagner)
“Sometimes creativity comes when you take a break from the daily grind. Creativity coaches often encourage meditation, naps, workouts, and other seemingly non-work-related activities that turn you away from the business at hand. When you turn back, you might be surprised at what you see. For a longer break, a coach can help you see the value in travel and encourage you to make travel plans and incorporate them into your everyday business life.“
The job of a coach is to help people become better at whatever it is they do. And that’s exactly what creativity coaches do: They help business owners improve their businesses and become stronger leaders through creative exercises and guidance. If you feel like you’re stuck, and aren’t sure how to move forward, a creativity coach can help you gain new perspectives to push your business. But exactly how does a creativity coach help?
1. Pushes you toward new perspectives. It’s easy to get stuck in a certain way of thinking and seeing the world. Creativity coaches can help you break out of predictable patterns of thought and see things differently. This fresh perspective can make all the difference, whether you’re starting a business from scratch or simply redesigning your logo.
2. Helps you connect the dots. Sometimes change is all about connecting ideas and thoughts that you’ve never connected before. The exercises and work you do with a creativity coach can help you to make these connections, which can in turn transform how you think of your business and its possibilities.
3. Shows the value of taking a break. Sometimes creativity comes when you take a break from the daily grind. Creativity coaches often encourage meditation, naps, workouts, and other seemingly non-work-related activities that turn you away from the business at hand. When you turn back, you might be surprised at what you see. For a longer break, a coach can help you see the value in travel and encourage you to make travel plans and incorporate them into your everyday business life.
4. Puts you in touch with your creative side. Music, writing, art. These activities can spur new ways of thinking both about your business and about the world at large. Experimenting with different forms of expression will help you to explore avenues and possibilities you might not have realized existed.
5. Urges you to cross boundaries. Often we segment ideas, thoughts, activities and processes so much that we don’t see how they can inform each other. Creativity coaches can help you to cross these boundaries so you see underlying similarities.
6. Is available to listen as you talk it through. Sometimes creativity coaching takes the form of simply talking things through. It’s surprising how helpful it can be to sit down and talk with someone who actively listens to you, and such talking can be a transformative and powerful tool.
7. Encourages the right kinds of risks. One of the things holding back business owners is the fear of taking risks. A creativity coach can help you to determine which risks are worth taking, and how to go about taking them. Taking planned, calculated and thoughtful risks are the lifeblood of any business, and coaching can help get you into that zone.
8. Teaches you to manage your stress better. Anxiety can consume a business owner. The less you worry, however, the more productive you become. A creativity coach can offer strategies for managing your anxiety and turning it to more fruitful activities.
9. Makes you accountable. Sometimes it’s easier to blame the economy, the market, your employees or your competitors for what’s going wrong in your business. A coach can help you to see how you contribute to your own reality, and how to turn this reality—and your business—around.
The ultimate goal of all creativity coaching is to help you make the changes that you need to make. After a period of coaching, you’ll be able to see more clearly what changes you want and how to make them.
Source: Vivian Wagner
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP