Google Online Marketing Challenge calls for applicants to summit their application. The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords and Google+. Over 65,000 students and professors from almost 100 countries have participated in the past 6 years.
With a $250 AdWords advertising budget provided by Google, students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-profit organization over a three week period. The teams that develop and communicate the most successful campaigns win awesome prizes, including trips to Google offices. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional Google+ Social Media Marketing category by creating and managing a Google+ Page for their clients over a five week period.
AdWords Business Awards
There are four competition regions – The Americas, Europe, Middle East/Africa, and Asia Pacific. In addition to an overall global winner, there is one winner from each region.
The Global Winners and their professor will receive a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers from the AdWords, University Programs and Marketing teams. The team will also receive computing devices, along with other prizes.
Regional Winners and their professor receive a two-night trip to a regional Google office. The teams will also receive computing devices, as well as other prizes.
Winning teams will also secure the following donations for their partners:
- 1st place – $15,000 donation to the non-profit partner
- 2nd place – $10,000 donation to the non-profit partner
- 3rd place – $5,000 donation to the non-profit partner
All Winners and their professors across all categories will be provided with personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a Winner in the Competition.
- Students from the following regions are eligible to apply; Americas, Europe, MEA (Middle East and Africa) or Asia Pacific
- Google Online Marketing Challenge is open to student teams of three to six members from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of their major.
- Students and Professors at Higher Education Institutes in Argentina, Hong Kong, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, & Ukraine are excluded from entering. Students who were members of winning teams in previous Google Online Marketing Challenges are also excluded from entering.
- Each Student Team will select either a Business or an Eligible NGO that;
- has a website,
- is not already advertising using Google AdWords or has not used it in the last 6 months
- has not been selected by any other Student Team
- agrees to have a campaign devised and run for the purposes of the Competition
Deadline: May 21, 2014
For more information, click here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”