Interested participants are invited to participate in the 2014 Young Innovators Competition. The competition is a platform for innovative ideas and digital creativity. It shows how young people, fresh thinking and talent for technology can provide real-world solutions to real-world problems and change the future for the better. Innovation is showcased on a truly international stage and innovators receive a whole range of benefits crucial for developing their enterprise.
Since 2011, the competition celebrates innovative young people who are using technology to transform their communities . Chosen by a committee of world-class experts from public, private and academic sectors, the winners of the competition will join ITU Telecom World 2014 in Doha, for an accelerator programme of pitching, hands-on workshops and mentoring – plus up to USD 10 000 in funding.
- The Organizer shall be responsible for the travel and accommodation arrangements and costs, as well as daily subsistence allowance for the winners for the purpose of attending ITU Telecom World 2014.
- Each winner in the “From Ideation to incubation”-type Challenges will receive up to five thousand USD
- Each winner in the “Call for Start-Ups”-type Challenges will receive up to ten thousand USD.
Note:The exact amount for each winner will be determined during ITU Telecom World 2014 by the Mentors of the Competition, i.e. a committee consisting of 3-5 renowned business experts and thought leaders, who will work closely with the winners and evaluate their performance in workshops and in one-on-one sessions during ITU Telecom World 2014.The winners are responsible for any correspondence with their respective banks and all applicable taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the Prizes
- The Competition is open to individuals from Members States of the ITU
- Applicants must not be an employee (or member of an employee’s family or household) of ITU nor holding an offer for future employment with ITU.
- Winningprojects from ITU Telecom World 2013 are not eligible; winning concepts could be submitted as a start-up with a business plan.
- Applicants must be older than 18 and younger than 30 years old at the time of entry.
- All entries, regardless of categories, must not:
- violate the intellectual property rights of third parties;
- be illegal under applicable national laws and international law;
- depict or incite hatred, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten a specific person or social group, incite violence or conflict or otherwise violate the legal rights of third parties (including those of privacy and publicity).
- Ideas which are not in English or which the Organizer deem to be off topic, spam, advertisments for unrelated projects or otherwise to violate the rules or spirit of the Young Innovators Competition are subject to removal. Efforts will be made to inform the authors of the removal of their idea.
- Applicants may work with other individuals or teams of individuals but only the founder of a start-up or the submitter of the contribution will be eligible for winning the Competition.
- Winners must hold a valid passport for the duration of the travel and will be requested to supply a copy of their passport for Prize arrangements.
- Winners are obliged to attend all workshops during ITU Telecom 2014 and take part in activities organized within the programme at ITU Telecom World 2014 to the best of their abilities and in good faith. This also applies to all remote pre-event activity, such as webinars and on-line discussions leading to ITU Telecom World 2014
Application Deadline: May 30, 2014
For more information, click here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”