Deadline: December 1, 2015
The John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships is seeking journalists and journalism entrepreneurs to join in creating the future of journalism. Each year, about 20 journalists and journalism innovators from the United States and around the world are selected and brought together for 10 months at Stanford University, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
During their fellowship, they have access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers. JSK Fellows learn from, and collaborate with, each other. Diversity of background, experience and viewpoints is a fundamental value of the program.
- Fellows are provided with several financial benefits, including a stipend of $65,000.
- In addition to the stipend, fellows receive additional funds designed to help with specific costs, such as housing, health insurance, child care and expenses related to work on their journalism challenges. (The amounts of these supplemental funds a fellow receives are based in part on family size and range from $13,000 to more than $50,000)
- See other benefits of fellowship.
- Applicants of diverse race, ethnicity, gender, media background, region of the country, regions of the world, perspectives and life experiences are welcomed.
- U.S. applicants for a JSK Fellowship ideally should have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years. But less experienced applicants with outstanding achievements will be considered.
For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit JSK Fellowship.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP
Leave A Comment