Applications are now open for the first cohort of the African Women Engineering, Leadership and Entrepreneurship Academy (AWELE) Academy. This is a 12 week coding bootcamp (Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm) starting from September 5th, 2016. The experience starts with a 4 week part-time course, Foundations, which is completed remotely before going to the campus. That’s followed by the full-time 12 week immersive, held on-campus at the Isolo headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria.
While on campus, students learn through a mix of lectures, hands-on workshops, projects, peer-programming, leadership, presentation, entrepreneurship, start-up ventures, pitching, team building, ethics, morals and much more! The Academy will admit 15 participants for this first cohort. Space is extremely limited so hurry to ensure you get in.
- Partial tuition coverage is offered to select students
- Must be an African Woman above 18 years;
- Should be completing or have completed University or Post Secondary Education;
- Must have a strong academic background;
- Prior experience coding or a degree in STEM is encouraged but not required.
- Submit an application along with a coding challenge;
- Within two weeks of receiving your completed application, you will be contacted regarding next steps;
- If selected to move forward, you will be invited to a face-to-face interview;
- Within two-five days of your last interview, a decision will be made.
If you have any questions about the admissions process or tuition for the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Ongoing
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP