Are you an African ground breaker? Can you innovate for positive change? Do you want to be part of the growing innovation movement in Africa? Does your innovation boast the “Made in Africa” brand? Enter for the 2016 Innovation Prize For Africa (IPA). The IPA honours and encourages innovative achievements that contribute toward developing new products, increasing efficiency or saving cost in Africa. The prize also promotes among young African men and women the pursuit of science, technology and engineering careers as well as business opportunities with potential of contributing to sustainable development in Africa.
IPA Priority Area
The IPA 2016 recognizes innovative breakthroughs that unlock new African potential in the following five priority areas:
- agriculture and agribusiness;
- energy and water;
- health and well-being;
- manufacturing and service industry.
Eligible innovations must be by Africans for Africa. Africans in the Diaspora can also apply if their innovations are of significance for Africa. Entries would be judged based on the following criteria: originality, marketability, scalability, social Impact, scientific and technical specifications.
- First Prize (US$ 100 000): The overall winner whose innovation demonstrates the best innovation with clear business potential
- Second Prize (US$ 25 000): The innovator who best demonstrates a commercially-driven business innovation. Beyond the aforementioned five criteria, this Award will be carefully assessed on its marketability and commercial potential.
- Special Prize for Social Impact (US$ 25,000): The innovation that demonstrates the greatest social impact.
- Nominees: The top-10 nominees shall be invited for face-to-face interviews to assess in depth their innovations as potential winners for the IPA competition. All nominees are invited to participate in the awards ceremony and receive certificates. In addition, the AIF will also provide a US$5 000 voucher to each nominee – used as post-prize technical support – to assist in moving the innovation to the next step.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2015
Apply online HERE
For more information visit Innovation Prize For Africa or send your inquiries to Robinson Esialimba (IPA Process Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org