Deadline: December 2, 2015
We live in a rapidly changing world. With change comes challenges for us as humans, and for our planet. However, with change also comes possibilities. Perstorp is celebrating its Capa™, Caprolactone, 40th anniversary by inviting you to solve a future challenge using Capa™ Thermoplastics technology. Identify a challenge you think could arise in the next coming 40 years and build a solution using Capa™ Thermoplastics.
Each entry will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Role of Capa™ in solving the issue;
- Innovation height;
- Value for society;
- Consumer benefit;
- Personal connection to the chosen problem.
The competition organizers reserve the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion. Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
- First Prize
- The winner will present their submission at K-Fair, the world’s largest plastics convention, in October 2016 in Dusseldorf, Germany, entrance fee, travel and accommodation to be paid by Perstor;
- A personal senior Perstorp mentor for one year;
- Cash prize 40,000 SEK (approx. EUR 4,300).
- Finalist Prizes
- Three finalists will present their concepts to the jury and to Perstorp senior management, in February 2016; travel and accommodation to be paid by Perstorp;
- All three finalists will receive Capa™ material for prototyping;
- Support from Perstorp senior experts until a winner is chosen.
- Open to university students and professionals worldwide that want to make their mark on the future using Capa™ Thermoplastics.
- Participants can enter individually or in teams of two.
- Sign up here.
- Submissions will consist of the following:
- Title of your idea/innovation (open to the public*);
- Image of your idea/innovation (open to the public);
- A short description of the problem your innovation is addressing and its personal connection to you (open to the public);
- Submission template file;
- File containing the detailed description/image of your innovation (1 page).
- The detailed file solution should adhere to the following rules:
- The solution should consist of one innovation with visual sketches and/or description in PDF format;
- The file must not exceed 1 page;
- Participants will receive more information on how to submit their work once they have registered online;
- Only one entry per participant/team is accepted; each participant/team can register only once.
For more information, visit Perstorp Focused Innovation Challenge.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP