Deadline: December 2, 2015
Applications to the Yale World Fellows program are accepted from across sectors and around the world.
Yale World Fellows brings 16 accomplished, mid-career, global leaders to Yale’s flagship leadership development program for a four-month immersive transformational journey. The program was established in 2002 and now has a network of 275 Fellows from 84 countries.
The Program provides the opportunity for World Fellows to contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, participate in events, collaborate with peers, audit classes, mentor students and lead round-table discussions. In doing so, it exposes emerging global leaders to new ideas and ways of doing and thinking. Brilliant minds are refreshed, challenged and expanded.
World Fellows will receive a living stipend, housing, travel reimbursement and health insurance.
To be eligible, applicants must be
- Be in the mid-career stage. Fellows are at least five, and typically not more than twenty, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit. Yale World Fellows does not accept full-time students or full-time academics. The fellowship is designed for non-academic practitioners. If your primary occupation is student or scholar and you are interested in spending time at Yale, please contact the Yale’s academic department that aligns with your academic or research interests.
- Be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- Be a citizen of a country other than the United States. While dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
- Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
- Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
- Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus
How to Apply
You can either apply to become a Yale World Fellow or nominate who would make a great World Fellow. Apply or submit a nomination visit: Online Application. Note that The Program gives no preference to either nominated or self-applying applicants. A complete application will require 3 letters of recommendation.
For more information, visit the Yale World Fellows or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP