Applications for the 2017 Queens Young Leaders Programme is now open! The Queen’s Young Leader Programme aims to discover, celebrate and support young people from every Commonwealth nation to transform their own lives and the futures of others around them. It aims ensures that:
- Young people are better qualified to secure employment and apprenticeships or create sustainable enterprises.
- Young people are able to effectively express their needs and aspirations in order to influence decision makers.
- Clear evidence is collected that demonstrates the unique contribution young leaders make in improving society.
This unique, life-changing Programme has two parts:
- An Award Scheme that celebrates the achievements of exceptional young people who have proved themselves to be inspiring leaders in their communities and have overcome challenges in their lives to do so.
- A Grants Scheme that supports organisations in selected countries across the Commonwealth that work with young people to help solve the problems affecting their lives and the communities in which they live with innovative, youth-focused solutions.
The Award Scheme
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29.
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member).
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
The Grant Scheme
- Grants is only open to selected organisations in six countries across the Commonwealth (Bangladesh; Jamaica; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; UK; and Zambia).
- Projects must be led by, or focused on, young people which provide opportunities for young people to learn new skills, enter employment or enterprise, or have a say in decisions affecting their future. Each project should place young people at the heart of their communities, working with them to help solve the issues that affect their lives.
Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities
How to Apply
Submit applications online.
Application Deadline: September 4, 2016
For more information, click HERE
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP