Do you have an innovative and sustainable approach to help keep adolescent girls and young women AIDS-free?
DREAMS is seeking innovative solutions to further DREAMS’ commitment to reduce HIV infections by infusing new thinking and high-impact approaches to meet the urgent, complex needs of adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries.
The DREAMS Innovation Challenge will award a total of up to $85 million to organizations with solutions that further DREAMS’ commitment to reduce HIV infection by infusing new thinking and approaches to meet the urgent, complex needs of adolescent girls and young women in DREAMS countries. DREAMS is seeking solutions that:
- address unmet needs not covered by the DREAMS Core Package;
- Introduce innovative solutions that have yet to be applied to the Challenge Focus Areas or implemented in the DREAMS countries;
- Offer sustainable solutions that may be scaled or replicated to lead to long-lasting change; and
- demonstrate readiness for rapid implementation and can show impact within two years.
- DREAMS encourages applications from most types of organizations – including for-profit, non-profit, academic organizations, and multilateral organizations.
- The Challenge greatly encourages applications from organizations that have not previously received U.S. government funding, either directly or indirectly, and/or are based in one or more of the 10 DREAMS countries. Additionally, existing partners are also eligible to apply; however, a portion of the awards will be reserved for new partners.
- Ineligible entities include individuals, foreign governments, and U.S. government institutions. Individuals refer to anyone classified as an “individual” for U.S. tax purposes (including sole proprietorships and some single member limited liability companies). Colleges, universities, and research facilities that are funded by and/or affiliated with a government are not considered a government.
DREAMS anticipates making multiple awards for each of the Challenge Focus Areas and is offering a wide range of funding support – from $100,000 to $40 million. Applicants are expected to apply for funding commensurate to need and their organizations’ ability to manage and deploy funds. Applicant’s average annual revenue/income (over the last three years) should exceed the size of the annual funding request by at least 50 percent.
How to Apply
Interested organizations can apply by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Challenge Application Portal by March 28, 2016 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Check out How To Apply for application guidance and more information about the Challenge timeline.
- Applicants may submit approaches that apply to just one of the Challenge Focus Areas or that cut across numerous issues. Written submissions must be completed in full to be considered eligible for review. Submissions will only be accepted in English; any other language will be considered ineligible.
Application Deadline: March 28,2016
For more information, click HERE