The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) invites journalists to submit their stories for the 2016 Global Health Reporting Contest.
ICFJ with the support of Johnson & Johnson, will recognize the best media coverage of maternal and child health and other key health issues from each region. ICFJ’s 2016 Global Health Reporting Contest aims to build on the program’s previous years’ successes by catalyzing local networks of leading health reporters in Brazil, China, India, Russia, and sub-Saharan Africa. One winner from each region will be selected.
This year, the program will feature country-and region-specific webinars to allow contest winners to continue the conversation and solidify their local networks of health reporters.
Journalists in the targeted countries have the opportunity to participate in a 12-day study tour in the United States and receive cash prizes as part of regional competitions to recognize high quality coverage of maternal and child health, as well as other urgent health matters such as Ebola and vaccinations.
To qualify for the contest,
- stories must focus on key health topics in the journalists’ regions and be published, broadcasted, or posted online in Brazil, China, India, Russia, or sub-Saharan Africa between Monday, February 1st, 2016 and Sunday, July 24th, 2016.
- Contest topics may include:
- Reducing maternal, infant and child mortality;
- Reducing disease transmission from mother to child;
- Preventing malnutrition;
- Improving delivery of care and infrastructure for maternal and child health;
- Responses to the Ebola epidemic;
- Innovative approaches to delivery of vaccines.
- Journalists from each country must be employed by print, broadcast, or online media in order to qualify.
How to Enter
Submissions will be accepted in English, French (Africa), Hindi (India), Mandarin/Cantonese (China), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia). Submissions in other languages must include an English translation. Applicants may submit more than one entry.
To submit your story to the contest, click here.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2016
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP