LEAP has announced its open call for application for the 2014 Social Innovators Programme. The program will support talented youth between the ages of 18 and 35, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria, with the necessary training, funding, advocacy and network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their sustainability and impact.
SIP objectives are to:
- Identify, encourage and support youth in Nigeria who have initiated change projects focused on improving the lives of others.
- Enhance the effectiveness of young change makers and their social enterprises through the use of technology and innovation.
- Showcase their impact on local communities to demonstrate that youth can serve as effective change leaders in Nigeria.
- Provide international recognition for local change-makers and access to international funding opportunities through the Social Innovation Programme Awards (SIPA).
- Connect Nigerian change-makers to their peers around the world for shared learning and collaboration through YouthActionNet ®’s global network.
Applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered for the awards. They must be:
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria (not Nigerians in the Diaspora).
- Between ages 18 – 35 years.
- Initiators of such projects/initiatives/organisations that are positively impacting local communities and lives of Nigerians particularly in achieving the MDGs through their creativity and innovation.
- Able to document and prove their work, benefits and some level of sustainability amongst communities and Nigeria for a minimum of 12 months prior to date of application for the SIP.
- Applicant must be a founder or Co-founder of the project/organization which has been running for not less than one (1) year. The founder or co-founder is defined as a person who, either alone or as part of a team, conceived and established the project/initiative/organization
- Like the LEAP Africa page on facebook, www.facebook.com/LEAPAfrica.
- Follow LEAP Africa on twitter, www.twitter.com/leapafrica or @leapafrica & mention the programme you are applying for – with a #tag (e.g Chike Adeyemi Abu/#SIP2014).
- Download the application forms and send the completed copy email@example.com with Name SIPA 2014 as subject of mail (e.g John Alilu SIPA 2014)
- Applicants can apply online here.
Deadline: August 29, 2014
For more information, click LEAP Africa 2014 Social Innovators Programme
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”