Lund University is now accepting applications for the Global Scholarship Programme from students applying for autumn 2015 studies. As a top 100 university and ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, Lund University attracts high achieving students from across the globe. The Lund University Global Scholarship programme seeks to recognise these students by awarding academic excellence grants.
Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for their programmes. The scholarship is selective, competitive and merit-based.
- Scholarship grants may cover 25%, 50%, 75% or up to 100% of the tuition fee.
- The scholarship percentage awarded depends on budget available to the programme/faculty. It has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence.
- Please note that scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered.
- Scholarship recipients must still be able to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Board.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of a country from outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- You have applied for Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies in the regular application rounds for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS)
- You cannot secure the funding needed to cover living costs, as required by the Swedish Migration Board
If you are a current student already studying at Lund University, please refer to information on the scholarships for current students webpage.
To apply for a Lund University Global Scholarship, you must first apply for the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University using the online, national application website, during the application time for autumn semester studies.
Please note that by applying for the scholarship, this does not exempt you from paying the application fee to University Admissions in Sweden.
You then complete the LU Global Scholarship online application. As part of this online application, you need to upload your scholarship ‘motivation letter’ (maximum 500 words).
Application Deadline: January 20, 2015
For more information, click HERE.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
Leave A Comment