Calling all young people from across the Commonwealth. Are you making a difference in your community? Apply or be nominated for the opportunity to become a Queen’s Young Leader! Their Royal Highnesses The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales have launched the search for exceptional young people, to receive an award from Her Majesty The Queen for their achievements in transforming their own lives and the lives of others.
In honour of Her Majesty The Queen’s 60-year contribution to the Commonwealth and in recognition of their achievements, exceptional young people will receive an award from The Queen and a year of mentoring and training so that they are able to reach their full potential and go on to inspire other young people to help shape the future of the Commonwealth.
Grants will be made to organisations in selected Commonwealth countries that can show they are improving the lives of young people. The grants will help individuals gain new skills, employment and a voice in their communities.
To achieve its aim of discovering, celebrating and supporting inspirational young people to lead the way across the Commonwealth the Programme will comprise two elements:
- Awards to recognise the achievements of 240 inspirational young people and provide support enabling them to take up leadership roles and inspire future leaders
- Grants to support organisations in selected countries across the Commonwealth that work with young people to transform their lives.
Young people who have already achieved something extraordinary for themselves and others are also taking part in the event
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants/nominees need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants/nominees must be aged between 18 and 29 for the year of the award and be citizens of a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants/nominees need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
- All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee. All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition
The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme is a partnership between The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, Comic Relief and The Royal Commonwealth Society.
Deadline: Not specified
For more information, click HERE
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”