Deadline: December 1, 2015
Entries are invited for the 2016 Scholarship Essay Competition. Reach Cambridge offers excellence in residential academic programs based in the historic and beautiful city of Cambridge, UK. Its challenging and vibrant summer courses are designed to provide unique introductions to your favourite academic subjects at University level. Uniquely, Reach Cambridge combines classes, lectures and workshops – often led by Cambridge academics – with a varied programme of exciting activities and excursions across Britain. The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition is designed for academically excellent high school students
This is open to high school students between the ages of 14 and 18.
- First Prize: 3 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 2 students): 100% of the program fee for either our 3 week July or our 3 week August course in 2016.
- Second Prize:1 week scholarship prize (awarded to a maximum of 3 students): 100% of the program fee for our 1 week Global Leaders course in 2016.
Please note that both prizes include all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee. They do not include the cost of flights, or other items which are not ordinarily covered by the program fee
How to Enter
- Follow this link to set up a Reach Cambridge account
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left
- Copy your essay into the box provided (it should be no longer than 1000 words). Answer all other questions on the page.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of staff at your school must be sent to email@example.com directly, using an official school email address. This should be written on headed paper, and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship: it should tell us what makes you academically excellent, and it should give us some indication of your financial circumstances. For example, if you attend a fee-paying school, the letter must specify whether you attend the school on a scholarship, or whether you are full or part fee-paying. It must include contact details for the member of staff so that we can contact them for further information if necessary.
- You must also complete the School Transcript, Signature, Parent Info, and School Info sections of your account.
For more information, visit Scholarship Essay Contest
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP