Calling all changemakers, trailblazers and groundbreakers! The United Nations has launched a worldwide search for Young Leaders to help achieve Sustainable Development Goals. This is a new initiative to recognize exceptional young people who are leaders in the effort to end poverty, combat climate change and reduce inequalities. Young Leaders will collaborate with UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth to help end poverty, combat climate change and reduce inequality
Spear-headed by the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the UN Young Leaders Initiative will recognize on an annual basis 17 young leaders who are driving change to help realize the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Young Leaders initiative will showcase the outstanding leadership of young people in putting the world on a more sustainable path. From food to fashion to finance, the Young Leaders will come from many different backgrounds, represent every region in the world and help activate millions of young people in support of the Goals.
- Open to young people between the ages of 18 -30 (as of August 12, 2016) from around the world
- Nominees can come from across multiple sectors – from food to fashion to finance (as well as policy, media, civil society, industry, technology, the arts and entertainment).
- Nominees have the ability to command an audience, influence their peers and inspire their constituents.
- Successful candidates are exceptional leaders who are spearheading change for the greater good.
Successful candidates will be selected based on:
- Their demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing sustainable development;
- The ability to command an audience, influence their contemporaries and inspire their constituents;
- Their personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership;
- Their demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the UN.
The first class of Young Leaders will be announced in September, ahead of the 2016 United Nations General Assembly.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2016
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP