Bank of Industry(BOI) Nigeria is pleased to announce the 2016 Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme. This is an ambitious programme aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
The YES-Programme comprises the following:
- Eight (8) weeks extensive online Entrepreneurship and Business Management training which has the ability to test participants’ understanding and track their progress.
- Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training (5 modules).
- Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
- Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Commodity-based Industrialisation Strategy.
The YES Programme has the following broad objectives:
- To create an interactive learning platform to train young aspiring entrepreneurs in entrepreneurship and business management that will ultimately translate into improved efficiency and productivity.
- To kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the youths.
- To act as an incubation center where business ideas are nurtured to their full potential as well as entrenching global best practices by inculcating a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship and ethics in the programme participants.
- Promotion of self-employment among graduates of institutions of higher learning, thereby changing their job-seeking mindset.
- To deepen financial inclusion by de-risking the young aspiring entrepreneurs and making them eligible for small business loans to be provided by BOI.
This is open to young aspiring entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 35 years, with innovative ideas. Participants must have a minimum educational qualification of an Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
- Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
Funding support will be provided for entrepreneurs. The fund shall be deployed to support the establishment and/or expansion of an estimated 1,200 enterprises promoted by Nigerian youths across the country. The scheme is expected to create a minimum of 6,000 direct jobs and 30,000 indirect jobs annually, totaling 36,000 jobs.
How to Apply
Online Application click HERE.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2016
For more information, click Here.
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP