Following the launch of the fourth edition of the YouWiN! program by the President of Nigeria, the website is now open for submission of YouWiN! 4 concept note applications. YouWiN! stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
The accomplishments of the 1,200 YouWiN! awardees were celebrated at the Presidential Villa on April 12, 2012. YouWiN! Women was the second edition of the entrepreneurial scheme, which was designed for only female entrepreneurs aged 45 years or less. The third edition, YouWiN! 3, which support both male and female entrepreneurs in Nigeria, recently announced the 1500 awardees. With the upcoming launch of YouWiN! 4, the President of Nigeria will have fulfilled his promise to financially support over 3,600 Nigerian youths to develop their entrepreneurial ideals and plans through the YouWiN! program.
Award recipients will receive between 1,000,000.00 (One million Naira only), and N10,000,000.00 (ten million Naira only), depending on their business needs.
You are to use the money to start and or grow your business and employ Nigerian youth.
- YouWiN! 4 is open to both male and female entrepreneurs
- Be a Nigerian citizen aged between 18 – 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
- For existing businesses, you must be registered with CAC. For new business ideas, you do not have to be registered with CAC.
The competition is open to all types of businesses as long it is viable and has a demonstrable capacity to create jobs.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”