The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an exciting new opportunity to develop your innovative ideas and projects to create positive change in your community and the world. With support and feedback from peers around the world, you can turn your passion for a better world into reality.
Are you a young person with an idea or project? Apply for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, a global initiative to empower young entrepreneurs for positive change.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an international contest launched by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Berlin) and UNESCO. The competition provides a global platform for young entrepreneurs who aspire to create positive change in their communities.
All participants will receive free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus. This training provides methods and techniques for developing ideas into solid business models, to turn a budding idea into a fully developed concept, or to improve on an existing business model.
You are eligible to enter, if:
- You are between the ages of 15 and 30
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable development of your community, in a field such as:
- the environment
- poverty reduction
- peace building
- cultural diversity
- sustainable energy
- food security
- sustainable trade
- the elderly
- empowerment of women and youth
- You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization, or an informal program
- You are able to submit your entries and make presentations in English.
You are requested to submit your entries in one of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category: Innovative ideas and plans for an enterprise (It must be a new and original idea yet to be fully implemented by the entrant or by others.)
- Best Projects Category: Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Submissions from teams are welcome. However, the idea may only be submitted by one team member.
- You may submit more than one idea/project entry.
- You are welcome to enter ideas or projects which have won other prizes or competitions.
Deadline: June 30, 2014
For more information, click here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”