If you are an active youth and interested in connecting with 60 passionate young people from across the world and 20 Lithuanian delegates, you are invited to apply to attend the first International Youth to Youth (Y2Y) Summit taking place in Vilnius, Lithuania from 16-19 April, 2015. The aim of the Summit is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders in the society, entrepreneurs, professors, diplomats and businessmen to start a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow and to take concrete actions on the ways to solve them.
The theme of the summit is ‘’The Role of Youth in Solving Global Challenges and Bridging Gaps Among Nations’’. The event will feature highly experienced speakers across the youth- related fields that will provide an extra bridge to the discussion and will contribute to the outcomes of the event.
The International Y2Y Summit is designed to take place once a year in a different country with a general theme relevant to youth. The annual Summit will become a platform for the young people as future leaders of the world to hone their leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills.Y2Y Topics
- Social entrepreneurship as a tool to decrease youth unemployment
- Youth role in decision making process
- Youth as ambassadors of peace education
- Development education/education for all
- Empowerment of Female Youth
- Youth diplomacy
Why should You Participate?
- To engage in a dialogue on global challenges of today and tomorrow
- To take concrete actions and find ways to solve those challenges
- To connect with young from across the world and build bridges of friendship
- To hone your leadership, diplomacy, cultural, intercultural communication, critical thinking and self-development skills
- To increase your skills in public speaking, team-building and problem-solving
- To acquire an invaluable set of skills for making a positive impact on your community and country
- citizen of any country across the world
- be no younger than 18 and no older than 35 years old
- demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community
- passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Y2Y experience in your leadership position
- be active either in politics (local, national, or international), civil society organizations, media, the business sector, local communities, faith based movements, and other fields
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
Participation Cost and ScholarshipPlease note that while we offer a number of fee waivers and scholarships for travel, we will probably not be able to fund all the participant’s attendance. The following fees have been established:
- 100 Euros for international participants residing outside Lithuania.
- 100 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation covered).
- 30 Euros for Lithuanian participants (accommodation not covered).
The fee covers accommodation, food, materials for sessions.
The participation cost has been set with a view that it is considerably affordable for participants coming from all backgrounds. However, international participants are expected to cover their return traveling expenses and visa cost.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”