Submission deadline: October 31, 2015
The African Governance Architecture (AGA), Department of Political Affairs, African Union, Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA) and the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) invites researchers, academics, civil society actors, to submit articles or papers for publication in the maiden edition of the African Youth Journal of Democracy.
The journal is published in furtherance of the African Union Agenda 2063 which promotes intellectual debates and knowledge sharing as key drivers of continental integration, prosperity and democratic development. The Agenda seeks to establish platforms for Africans especially young people to engage intellectual discussions that deepen democratization, rule of law, human rights, civic participation and development.
The maiden edition of the journal focuses on institutionalizing the participation of women and youth in political processes in Africa.
Interested contributors are invited to submit manuscripts in the following sub- themes;
- Party systems and electoral systems
- Young women and political rights
- Legal architecture of youth and women political participation
- Youth leagues or young wings of political parties
- God-fatherism and money politics in Africa
- Social media and political socialization
- Youth leadership and intergenerational dialogue
- Youth, Electoral violence and radicalization
- Civil society and political society relationship
- Innovation in Political Governance
- Youth, Elections and Constitutionalism
- All submissions will be subjected to a review and selection process.
- Manuscripts must be typed, double-spacing with a minimum of 4000 words and maximum of 5000 words with references.
- References must be in numbered endnotes. Full-length papers must include an abstract of no more than 200 words and a brief biography of no more than 100 words.
- All submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachment formatted in Microsoft word.
- All papers must be submitted in English or French. Research papers or articles submitted by young researchers of African descent will be given priority consideration.
Deadline for submission of manuscripts is October 31, 2015.
Authors of selected papers will receive logistic support to attend the Youth Consultation to the High Level Dialogue and the High Level Dialogue on Democracy and Governance in Kigali, Rwanda in November 2015.
All questions on this call should be forwarded to;
Youth Engagement Lead
African Union Commission
Head of Research, Policy & Advocacy
Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP