Deadline: November 15, 2015
Appliations are invited for the 2016 Global Youth Eco-Leadership Competition. This is a preliminary to the 2016 Global Youth Eco-Leadership Summit (GYELS) coming up in Seoul, Republic of South Korea. Samsung Engineering would like to offer opportunities to the young students to participate in the GYELS which is the biggest global environment forum for youth in Korea by sponsoring the respective winners of the Eco-generation Environmental Leadership Competitions to explore the environmental awareness activities. The theme for the competition is Future of Energy and Young People.
Samsung Engineering established Eco-generation in 1996 as one of the largest environmental education programs for children and youth in Korea. In 2006, Samsung Engineering expanded the program to the Asia-Pacific region by launching an English Eco-generation (www.eco-generation.org) website in partnership with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). www.eco-generation.org is a children’s educational environmental website that emphasizes learning and sharing knowledge about the environment.
- To raise awareness among youth within the community toward conservation of the environment.
- To grow Eco-leaders in India by enhancing global leadership resulting from participating in the international event.
- To fulfill the social responsibility through educating the future generation.
- Two respective winners of the competitions representing each country will be given the opportunities to participate in the 2016 Global Youth Eco-Leadership Summit which program includes Global Youth for the Environment Forum, Model United Nations and excursions in Seoul, Korea in order to advance their awareness, role and commitment for the environmental conservation and protection.
- The trip to 2016 GYELS in Korea will be in February 2016 and will be fully sponsored by Samsung Engineering.
- Youth aged 13-15 from Thailand, Saudi Arabia, India and worldwide.
- Competition details vary. Please check Contry’s competition information:
- See Application guideline on how to submit your essay and CV.
For more information, visit Global Youth Eco-Leadership Summit.