Hash Code is a team-based programming competition organized by Google for students and industry professionals (18+) across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You pick your team and programming language, & Google picks a real-life engineering problem to solve. Are you up for the challenge?
- Participants must be university level students (eg. Bachelor, Master, PhD, or Engineering Cycle) or professionals.
- Participants compete in teams of two to four members (“Team”). A team can consist of student participant only, professional participants only or a mix. Team composition cannot be changed after the Online Qualification Round has begun. Any Participant may leave a Team during the competition, but every Team should have at least two members. A Participant has to be part of exactly one Team during the Competition and may not change its Team.
- Each Participant must be a resident of a country of Europe, Middle East and Africa (see the full list in Appendix). This includes the parts of those countries (and only those countries) which are beyond Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Each Participant must not be:
(i) resident or citizen of a US embargoed country,
(ii) ordinarily resident in a US embargoed country, or
(iii) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs from participating in the Competition.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age at the date of the Online Qualification Round and not be full time or temporary employees, interns, officers, directors, contractors or vendors of Google, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies. However employees, officers, or directors of Google, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies may participate in the organization committee of the Competition.
- The top 3 teams at the Final Round will win one Google related product per Participant, of a minimal value of €190.
- Jury may award other Prizes at the Qualification Round or the Final Round consisting of a basket of Googlebranded objects and Google related products, of a value between €10 and €100.
How to Enter
Before entering this competition, please read the complete rules and guidelines for participants.
- Each Participant must register through a form on the Competition website: (“Competition Website”) and include all the required information.
- In the registration form, each Participant must notably provide the Google Account (GMail address) that he/she will use to connect to the online judge system. If the Participant does not have a Google account, he/she must open one before registering. To open a google account click here.
- All the data provided through the registration process must be complete and correct.
Application Deadline: February 9,2016
For more information, click HERE
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP