Deadline: September 30, 2015
Are you passionate about international developmen
t and have an idea that could change the world? Enter for the Bright Ideas talk, and you might be selected to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) in Malta. The commonwealth Youth Programme would like hear young people’s innovative ideas which are driving positive change in their community, country or region through their pioneering solutions to challenges large and small.
- The Commonwealth Youth Forum, hosted by the Government of Malta, and co-organised with the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Commonwealth Youth Council, will take in Malta, from 20-25 November 2015.
- The theme for the 2015 Commonwealth Youth Forum is ‘Adding Global Value…#WhatNext?’
- This Youth Forum will aim to promote and challenge the role of the Commonwealth in adding global value, and, importantly, the role that young people have in achieving this vision
Each entrant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Aged between 18 and 29 years. Citizen of a Commonwealth country.
- Be an individual – group entries are not permitted.
- Doing great and innovative work in democracy or development, which has created change for a community or beyond.
The Commonwealth Secretariat will cover the costs of an economy return airfare from the winner’s country (or current location), plus necessary visas. The Government of Malta will cover the cost of the winner’s accommodation and meals while at the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
The winner may also have an opportunity to present their work at the Commonwealth Youth Forum.
How to Enter
1. Submit your Bright Ideas talk in video or audio format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2015, 5pm London time (GMT+1).
Along with your submission, please include the following in your email:
- Date of birth
- Country of origin
- A short sentence (max 50 words) explaining your Bright Ideas talk.
2. Each entrant must submit a suitable video or audio file in accordance with the Bright Ideas code of conduct.
3. Each entrant must also hold a valid passport and be eligible to obtain a Schengen visa for entry to Malta (and any transit destinations).
For more information, visit Bright Idea Competition