Deadline: November 30, 2015
Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is an open competition for students all around the world that gives the opportunity to develop innovative ICT ideas in collaboration with Ericsson experts. The theme for EIA 2016 is the future of city life. What possibilities emerge when more and more people connect? How can we create opportunities for creating better life for billions living in cities? How can we transform our cities using new technologies? What is your next big idea?
The competition is therefore focused on ideas that use ICT to improve the quality of urban life and to ensure that tomorrow’s cities are creative, connected and sustainable places to live and work. EIA 2016 is open to teams of two to four students. After registration closes on November 30, 2015, ten semi-finalists will be announced on December 18, 2015. Nine of the semi-finalists will be selected by an Ericsson jury, with the remaining place assigned by a public vote.
- Cash Prize
- First prize – EUR 25,000
- Second prize – EUR 15,000
- Two runner-ups prizes – EUR 1,000 each
- The cash prizes are just one aspect of winning the Ericsson Innovation Awards this year: there are important career-enhancing incentives on offer too:
- All finalists and semi-finalists will be given the opportunity to be interviewed for a possible internship or position at Ericsson.
- To be eligible to be part of a team participating in the student category – such person shall be a student of higher vocational and academic studies.
- A student may be prohibited/suspended from participating in the contest if Ericsson, at its sole discretion, reasonably believes that such party has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by, inter alia, cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, providing false or misleading information, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other participants in the contest, Ericsson or associated agencies, or if the student infringes any intellectual property right.
- Each student must have reached legal age of majority in the country in which he/she is residing.
- A student may not be resident in Puerto Rico, Quebec in Canada or in any other country where prohibited by applicable law. Ericsson reserves the right – at any time – to exclude countries if in Ericsson’s opinion there are or may be any kind of legal obstacles to participation, with the consequence that any team member residing in such country will be automatically suspended from the contest.
- Employees of any company within the Ericsson Group and/or their immediate family members are not entitled to participate in the contest.
For more information, contact email@example.com or visit Ericsson Innovation Awards.
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP