The challenge for the 2015GBC is to design sustainable solutions to aid the achievement of global food security through the doubling of food production by 2040. Solutions will comprise any combination of new technology (including existing technologies implemented in new ways) and novel business and financing models to deliver achievable, practical and high impact outcomes.
$AUD 125,000 in prize money.
Participating students within a team must meet the enrollmeant criteria being either:
- Currently enrolled in an eligible program of study OR
- have been enrolled in an eligible program of study during 2014.
An eligible program is any business or technical discipline based postgraduate program of study (such as MBA, Masters Degrees or other relevant post-graduate degree programs in business or technical disciplines).
To be a valid team registration, teams MUST:
- have a maximum of 4 eligible graduate students (any discipline).
- a nominated coach who is a staff member of your participating university.
The competition will consist of two rounds. Teams will progress from a ‘conceptual business solution’ addressing the broadly described business challenge through to the development of a detailed implementation plan refined by narrowed context.
This will be a ‘virtual’ elimination round to select the finalists. Teams will propose a conceptual business solution addressing the topic of the challenge. Teams will be required to prepare:
- a five (5) page Solution Summary and
- a 15 minute ‘pitch’ of their proposed solution.
From these submissions the judging panel will select six (6) finalist teams for Round 2 of the competition.
This will comprise a highly intensive two-day lock in period for the finalist teams and culminate in a presentation to the CEO judging panel.
During this time the teams will be required to prepare:
- 20 minute executive ‘pitch’;
- 30 minute oral defence of questions from the judging panel; and,
- Detailed (maximum 50 page) implementation plan of the proposed solution.
See more details on competition rounds @Official Rules.
How to Enter
- Register online at 2015GBC.
- After registration, teams shall be provided with a Competition Guide
Application Deadline: June 26, 2015