International Association For Intelligence Education invites entries for its 2015 essay competition. This competition promotes IAFIE’s goal of providing a forum for the creation of knowledge and the dissemination and exchange of ideas and information for those interested in and concerned with intelligence education.
- In an era of rapidly increasing technical capability where the intelligence focus is often on the modes of collection and tools of analysis rather than the analyst themselves there is a perception that the role of the analyst is diminishing in importance. Examine the role and function of the intelligence analyst and discuss the importance or otherwise of the analyst to the intelligence system.
- Big data is the new black. Will exploiting big data be an intelligence game changer? Discuss the use of big data in the intelligence domain, consider its potential advantages and vulnerabilities and how it might impact intelligence practice.
- The competition is open to everyone (professionals, graduate students & undergraduates) with an interest in furthering intelligence education.
- IAFIE board members, officers, and staff are not eligible to compete
First place: $1000 prize
Second place: $500 prize
First and second place finishers will have the opportunity to publish their essays on the IAFIE website, and receive a one year free membership in IAFIE.
How to Enter/ Submission Guidelines
Submit all entries to email@example.com
Submissions must be in ONE word document (please NO PDFs) and include a title page with the following:
- author’s name
- contact information (include phone, email, and mailing address)
- category (professional, graduate student, or undergraduate student)
- 150-word (or less) biography
- name of the organization where you work or college or university you attend
- title of the essay
Essays must be submitted in English, must not exceed 3500 words (excluding endnotes and bibliography) and should be submitted double spaced using Times New Roman, 12 point font. Please number the pages. Essays must be original and not previously published. Submission constitutes permission to publish.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2015
For more information, click HERE
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
A Social Enterprise committed to the development of African Youth through Innovative, Thought Provoking and Educative Forums / Events. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. | Need to reach us? Whatsapp 07060545018 or ping (BBM) 224DDBAF
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP
Leave A Comment