Deadline: November 15, 2015
UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) invites entries for the Youth lens 2015: The Blue Dot magazine photo competition. Are you between the ages of 18-34 and are you passionate about photography? Then send in your top three photos on the topic of “Education and Crisis” for a chance to win a prize and publish your work in UNESCO MGIEP’s The Blue Dot magazine.
What does education and crisis mean to you?
Whether experiencing devastating earthquakes in Nepal or conflict and displacement in countries such as Syria, students around the world suffer when a crisis strikes. Crises, however, are not only about conflicts or disasters. Poverty, inequality and other factors keep millions of children out of school every year.
UNESCO MGIEP is a specialised institute established in co-operation with the Government of India to play a leading role in research, knowledge sharing, capacity building and policy formulation in the area of education for peace, sustainability and global citizenship.
The top three winning entries will be published in the January 2016 Issue of The Blue Dot, UNESCO MGIEP’s biannual magazine.
- First Prize: $200
- Second Prize: $150
- Third Prize: $100
- Entries are invited from individuals across the world
- Entrants must be between the ages of 18-34
- You must be passionate about photography
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance, and overall impact. Judging will be conducted by the Communications Team and the Director of UNESCO MGIEP.
- Photographs that have won any other contests, violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
- Only submissions received before midnight (Indian Standard Time) November 15, 2015 will be considered.
- UNESCO MGIEP reserves the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph or an original photo negative, print or slide.
- The contestants retain their rights to their photograph; however, by entering the contest, they grant the UNESCO MGIEP a royalty-free, world-wide, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The UNESCO MGIEP will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine that no entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, UNESCO MGIEP reserves the right not to award any prizes.
How to Enter
- Submit no more than three (3) photographs per person in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format. Photographs must be at least 2,000 pixels wide so that they can be displayed on our website without being stretched or distorted.
- Please include your full name, date and year of birth, current occupation, affiliation (ex. school, university or employment), an email address where we can contact you, and country of residence.
- Entries must be accompanied by a caption (approximately 100 words) describing the content and story behind the photo.
Please send photographs and requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit UNESCO MGIEP Youth Lens Photo Competition.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”
RISE Networks is a Leading Social Enterprise with a deliberate interest and passion for Youth and Education Development facilitated by Innovation and Technology in Africa. Wish to see your Articles / Opinions Published on Rise Networks Website? Send them to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @risenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/RISEGROUP