Port Harcourt UNESCO World Book Capital invites students from across Nigeria to enter the 2014 Essay Competition to mark Nigeria’s centenary. This activity will give participants the unique opportunity of coming up with a story that would be part of the landmark of Nigeria’s centenary. It would further create awareness of the Port Harcourt World Book Capital and reward literary prowess.
Winners will be recognized and rewarded at the Port Harcourt Book Festival 2014.
Topic: Possibilities for Nigeria @ 100
- The competition is open to bona-fide students from an accredited Nigerian tertiary institution
- 1st Prize: A laptop + a collection of books + N500,000 Education grant
- 2nd Prize: A laptop + a collection of books + N300,000 Education grant
- 3rd Prize: A laptop + a collection of books + N200,000 Education grant
Rules and Regulations
- Essay should be between 1,200 and 1,500 words, type-set with double space (Times New Roman 12 Point font size)
- Essay must be original and unpolished
- Copyright of the essay entered will be assigned to the Port Harcourt World Book Capital 2014 Secretariat
- The decision of the judges remains final
- Only short listed candidates would be contacted
- Names of the three winners would be published on our website and in the National dailies
Submission of Entries:
Deadline: June 30, 2014
For more information, click HERE.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”