Women in Business invites women entrepreneurs of emerging countries to submit their ideas for the 5th Women in Business Competition. The online competition supports women entrepreneurs from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America.
Since its creation in 2009, Women in Business has provided support, coaching, visibility and finance to over 1500 women heading businesses in emerging markets. 20 finalists have visited The Netherlands for a business trip, 5 of whom have been awarded as laureates.
For this edition, 10 finalists (five places have been reserved for finalists from each of the following countries: Burundi, Kosovo, Liberia, Palestine and Rwanda) will be selected.
- Finalists will win a business trip for training, B2B and investor meetings.
- In addition all high quality business plans that are submitted will be eligible for BiD Network’s investor matchmaking services.
- The winner of the competition is awarded with € 5000.
- Women entrepreneurs from developing countries are eligible to apply!
- Women entrepreneurs should submit a business plan online for a for-profit business.
- They should have a financial need of US$10,000 to US$1,000,000 over the next three years.
- Their business should have a positive social and/or environmental impact.
- The business should be located or have impact in an emerging market.
Deadline: July 6, 2014
Applicants who are interested can register online here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”