The human eyes have strategic connections with the brain and just as the optic nerve, a cable-like grouping of nerve fibres, connects and transmits visual information from the eye to the brain so does a data visualization pipeline establish reasonable connections and relationships with your data and extracts important information which eventually informs many decision-making processes in an organisation.
Data visualization is the graphic representation of data. It involves producing images that communicate relationships among the represented data to viewers of the images.
It is important to note that data science and data visualization are not two different entities, they are bound to each other. Data visualization is a subset of data science.
By using visual elements like charts, graphs, and maps, data visualization tools provide an accessible way to see and understand trends, outliers, and patterns in data.
Why is data visualization very important-
- Given appropriate visualization, your data would confess all truth.
- With data visualization, you can reveal progressive and regressive trends for your business at
- Data visualization uses mathematical and statistical plots to extract useful information from a
- Through data visualization you can find variables and factors that directly and indirectly affect
- Data visualization allows you to monitor useful business variables thereby informing your
decision making process.
- In machine learning, data visualization is held at high esteem as it is through such means that
new and interesting features/attributes are created for a precise end to end predictive modelling.
- By harnessing diverse machine learning visualization libraries, a data scientist skillfully extracts,
examines and groups-out some observations that may be possible anomalies. They are called outliers.
Compiled and Written by Justice Onuoha