Are you a young changemaker? Do you have an idea that can change the world? Project Inspire is providing you a 5-minute platform to pitch your inspired idea to the world and win a US$25,000 grant.
Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World is jointly organised by the Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard to help young changemakers create a better world of opportunities for women and girls across Asia, Pacific, the Middle East or Africa through access to business and livelihood skills.Benefits:
- One grand prize winner will receive a US$25,000 grant.
- Up to 10 finalists will each receive:
- 1 return flight from the finalist’s capital city to Singapore, to participate in the grand final;
- 1 ticket to the Project Inspire grand final event on August 30, 2014;
- 4 nights accommodation in Singapore, plus meals and transfers;
- Exclusive INSEAD and Bain & Company workshops, plus one-on-one mentoring sessions.
- The competition is open to 18-35year olds in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa
- To qualify for the US$25,000 grant, the project must meet all of the following requirements:
- The program must enable disadvantaged women and girls to attain sustained livelihood through business and livelihood skills
- An existing women’s empowerment program
- Beneficiaries must be women or girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa
- Form a team of up to three members (individual entries allowed) and get started on your pitch!
- Entries should be submitted in the form of either a (maximum) 5-minute video OR a (maximum) 2-page A4-sized proposal.
- Video entries are to be uploaded on public video-sharing sites such as YouTube or Vimeo. A link to the video must be provided in the submission form.
- Submissions, either video or written, must be made in English.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
For more information, click here.
“Opinion pieces of this sort published on RISE Networks are those of the original authors and do not in anyway represent the thoughts, beliefs and ideas of RISE Networks.”