The Ministry of Education of Nigeria, hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions to participate in the 2017/2018 selection interviews for scholarship awards tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions. Application forms are available online and can be completed and printed by prospective candidates for endorsement by their HOD and Registrars of their institutions.
Federal Government Tertiary Institution Scholarship Eligibility.
1. UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE:
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in Federal or State Universities, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5.0 point scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
2. HIGHER NATIONAL DILPLOMA (HND):
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study in any of the Federal or State Polytechnics or Monotechnics, they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 scale or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
3. NIGERIAN CERTIFICATE IN EEDUCATION (NCE):
All applicants must be full-time students in their second year of study and above in any Federal or State Colleges of Education and they must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 4 point scale, or its equivalent in the previous academic year’s examinations.
4. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP:
Applicants must be registered full-time students of Federal or State universities and must have a minimum of second class Honours (Upper Division) in their 1st degree.
Federal Government Tertiary Institution Scholarship Interview Schedule.
- Northern States: (North East, North West & North Central): 9th – 14th April, 2018
- Southern States: (South East, South West & South South): 9th – 14th April, 2018
Completed application forms should be printed and submitted at the various interview centers alongside the following photocopies:
- Letter of admission to the institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- Student Identity Card
- Last sessional CGPA result
- Letter of identification from State/Local Government of origin
- Two passport-size photographs with name fully written at the back
- All qualified candidates who have completed their prescribed application forms for the Nigerian Awards scholarship should attend selection interviews as scheduled above;
- Application forms that are incorrect, incompletely filled or without the necessary documents will not be processed.
- All Application forms must be duly signed and stamped by their HOD and Registrar.
- Candidates must attend interviews with the following:
- Writing materials such as pen, HB pencil and
- Originals of certificates for screening
- Interview starts by 8.00a.m. daily.
- Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the interview schedule.
Correspondences should be addressed to: –
The Director/Secretary Federal Scholarship Board
FME Annex, Opp. Arewa Suites Central Business District
Kindly check www.education.gov.ng from time to time for possible changes or additional information.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
For further inquiries, visit this website: email@example.com