Deadline: November 25, 2018
Entries are open for the 4Youth by Youth (4YBY) Challenge Contest. The 4YBY Challenge contest is a multiphase contest that encourages YOU to work with your peers to create the next-world changing HIV prevention services that would inspire all youth in Nigeria to test for HIV and other STIs.
4YBY believes that young people in Nigeria have the potential to create health solutions that work for them and their peers. As a result, we are looking to create and launch the most compelling ideas that will promote “HIV Self-Testing among youth in Nigeria”.
Did you know that 1 in 5 young people in Nigeria have never tested for HIV? Did you know that you can now test for HIV through HIV self-testing?
What is HIV self-testing?
HIV self-testing is the type of HIV testing you can do by yourself. It allows you to collect your own test specimens such as saliva or blood, perform the test, and interpret the results in private, either alone or with guidance from someone you trust.
To learn more about HIV self-testing check out this video. Now they need your help to promote HIV self-testing among young people in Nigeria!!!
Chance to win N250,000 + Laptop + Tablet + Earphones + Smart Watch + Other awesome prizes
Cash prizes: N250,000 (1st place), N150,000 (2nd place), N50,000 (3rd place).
- Finalists receive mentorship and personalized coaching from industry experts and researchers.
- Finalists receive airfare and hotel reimbursement to attend Designation to present their idea to entrepreneurs and potential youth customers.
- Finalists attend an entrepreneurial workshop to learn how to take their concept into execution.
- Finalists will be notified via the contact information provided during entry no more than 15 days following judging with prize claim instructions, including submission deadlines.
- If a selected finalist cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return any forms, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected time allowing.
- To be eligible you must be between 14 and 24 years and
- You must be currently residing in Nigeria
1. Create your written ideas, images or videos to the contest question: How will YOU promote HIV Self-testing among young people in Nigeria?
2. Submit your ideas at bit.do/hivselftesting or firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopy toNIMR* Dropbox or via WhatsApp +234 909 049 6884 (YOUTH)
3. Follow, like or tag @4youthbyyouth on Facebook and Instagram pages
4. Top ideas will be announced on December 1st, 2018 (World AIDS Day) at Police Training College, Ikeja Lagos
* Clinical Science Department at Nigerian Institute for Medical Research, 6 Edmund crescent o
Mohammed way, Yaba, Lagos.
For more information, visit 4Youth by Youth.