Deadline: December 6, 2018
Nominations are open for the Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery and Technological Innovation 2018/2019. The Prize is intended to reward and honor African scientists who have made outstanding contributions in scientific discovery or technological innovation.
The AAS seeks to promote and foster growth of a vibrant African scientific community, and to stimulate and nurture the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation that would serve socioeconomic development in Africa. The Chief Obasanjo Prize will be awarded to each of the following fields:
- Information and communication technologies, and
- Material sciences.
The Prize, which shall be awarded every two years, has three components:
- Cash award of US$5,000 but this may periodically be reviewed and adjusted by the Governing Council (GC) of the AAS;
- Gold Medal inscribed; and a
- Citation – in a form of certificate.
- The Prize may be awarded to an individual or jointly to two or more persons who will share the cash award in equal amounts;
- The AAS will provide airfares to, within and from the selected venue, and all reasonable expenses arising from the Award program.
- Open to all African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences;
- National scientists and Fellows in the employment of or who serve as senior advisors to The AAS are not eligible for nomination;
- Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS. Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
Nominations are to be submitted on the AAS Ishango Online System. Self nominations will be accepted. Please follow the instructions below:
- Get to the AAS Ishango Online System
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before please proceed to the fourth step
- The system will email you a temporary password
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (first time users will be requested to replace their temporary password with one of their choice)
- Once you log in go to new grant application and go to click here
- Select The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific and Technological Innovation and click on apply to begin filling
in the online form.
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form.
For more information, visit Olusegun Obasanjo Prize
This article was originally published on OpportunityDesk.org